Check out these Houston RV Rental companies
|RV Company Name||Class A RV||Class C RV||Travel Trailers||Pop Ups||Hours|
|American Dream Vacations||X||X||X|
|Cypress RV Rentals||X||X||X|
|Smith RV Rentals||X||X||X|
|Bates Motor Home Rental||X||X||X||X|
|J&S RV Rental||X||X||X|
|Jackson RV Rental||X||X|
|Woodlands Camper and RV Rentals||X||X||X||X||X|
What is a Towable RV
A towable RV is a type of recreational vehicle that is designed to be towed by a car, truck, or SUV. These RVs come in a variety of sizes and styles, and they offer a lot of flexibility and convenience for travelers.
Types of Towable RVs:
There are several types of towable RVs, each with its own features and benefits. Some of the most popular types include:
- Travel Trailers: These are the most common type of towable RV, with sizes ranging from small and lightweight to large and luxurious.
- Fifth-Wheel Trailers: These are larger and more spacious than travel trailers, and they require a special fifth-wheel hitch for towing.
- Toy Haulers: These RVs are designed to carry recreational vehicles such as ATVs, motorcycles, and kayaks, in addition to providing living space.
- Teardrop Trailers: These are small and lightweight trailers that are perfect for solo or couple travel, with a compact living space and basic amenities.
Driving and Towing a Towable RV:
owing a towable RV requires a vehicle that is rated to handle the weight of the trailer, as well as a proper hitch and brake controller. Before towing a towable RV, it is important to:
- Ensure that the towing vehicle is rated to handle the weight of the RV.
- Check the RV’s weight and height restrictions to ensure that you can safely tow on the roads you plan to take.
- Practice driving in an open, empty parking lot or on a quiet road to get used to the size and handling of the vehicle.
- Make sure all mirrors are properly adjusted to give you a clear view of the road behind you.
- Check that all safety equipment, such as seat belts and airbags, are functioning properly.
Maintenance and Care
Like any vehicle, a towable RV requires regular maintenance to stay in good condition. Some important maintenance tasks include:
- Regularly checking and replacing the oil, air filters, and other fluids in the engine of the towing vehicle.
- Inspecting the tires for signs of wear or damage on both the RV and the towing vehicle.
- Cleaning and maintaining the exterior of the RV to prevent rust and other damage.
- Checking the RV’s electrical and plumbing systems for any issues.
Towable RVs can be relatively affordable, with prices ranging from $10,000 for a basic travel trailer to over $100,000 for a luxury fifth-wheel trailer. In addition to the initial purchase price, owners will need to factor in ongoing costs such as fuel, maintenance, and storage fees.
Towable RVs offer a lot of flexibility and convenience for travelers who want to explore the country on their own terms. With a variety of sizes and styles to choose from, there is a towable RV to fit every lifestyle and budget. If you’re considering purchasing a towable RV, be sure to do your research and choose a model that meets your needs and budget.